Home Care Service for Injured Workers

Home Care Service for Injured Workers

  • Oct 06, 2021
  • Blog
  • Michael Burgis & Associates, P.C

Were you seriously injured on the job and are now unable to care for yourself as a result? If so, you have the legal right to request home care service for injured workers fully covered by your workers’ compensation insurance. As long as it’s deemed medically necessary, you can qualify for all of the following types of care and support throughout your recovery. Here’s what you need to know. 

24/7 Caretaker

If you’re unable to get dressed, make food, or otherwise care for yourself at home, you could benefit from having a 24/7 caretaker in your home. If your spouse or loved one is already providing this level of support, then you could have them compensated for their time and effort instead. Otherwise, the insurance should pay for a professional caretaker to come to your home and stay to help out while you heal. 

Nursing Services

Were you discharged from the hospital with ongoing medical care needs, like daily wound care? If so, worker’s compensation insurance may pay for skilled nursing pros to come to your home. They will also pay for any medical care equipment you need, including a hospital bed and mobility aids. As your needs change, you can let the insurance company know, and they will adjust their approach to facilitating your care. 

Home Modifications

If you are having trouble safely getting through your home while recovering from your injury, you may also qualify for home modifications. When an injury makes it impossible to move to your second floor, for example, insurance may cover the costs of transferring your bedroom downstairs. Or, if you do not have a handicap-accessible bathroom, they can help you pay for a contractor to adjust its design to work for your needs. 


Workers’ compensation insurance even covers a relocation if you have to move due to the injury. If you need to move closer to a medical facility, for example, then they’ll cover transportation, moving services, and other expenses. Sometimes, relocation is even necessary if you cannot modify your home enough to make it habitable while you recover. 

Need Help with Your Worker’s Compensation Case? 

Even after filing for workers’ compensation coverage, the insurance company is unlikely to let you know about all the resources available to you. It’s helpful to have an experienced workers’ compensation attorney on your side. Your attorney can then fight for all the different types of compensation you need to make a full recovery from your on-the-job injury. 

Thankfully, you can get all the support you need from our team at Michael Burgis & Associates. If you require home care service for injured workers, we can help you get started. All you have to do is give us a call at 888-287-4471. We will help you set up a free consultation appointment. We’ll discuss your case one-on-one and let you know how you can benefit from our representation. 


Practice Area

Free Case Evaluation


    (888) BURGIS1 (888) 287-4471

    Jerry DiLeva

    "Michael told me that he was going to do the best he can for me, my family, and for my future needs. He's surrounded by a staff. A staff so excellent they're very knowledgeable, professional, and very kind, courteous ... If you're really serious in a workman's comp case what can I say Michael Burgis is the guy. His staff will treat you right, you'll go in the right direction and I guarantee you will win."

    See What Our clients say

    Watch Jerry’s story Play Button

    About Us

    MB&A is a workers' compensation, employment law and personal injury law firm.

    Our goal is to provide Recovery for the Injured® not only financially, but also physically and emotionally.

    Office Hours

    Monday – Friday : 8AM-5PM
    Saturday : Closed
    Sunday : Closed

    Free Consultation
    Skip to content